10.19.11 - As discussed in workout, watch Kitajima "clapping" his feet in breaststroke
Here is a great video of the technique of Kosuke Kitajima. As discussed in workout, notice him "clapping" his feet together, his ankle flexibility, knee position and streamline at the end of each stroke. Kitajima is the best breaststroker in history and for good reason - streamline and flexibility!
10.5.11 - Team MAKO Launches 2011-12 Season at Full Speed
Team MAKO raced in its first competition of the 2011-12 season at the AGUA Season Starter. MAKO was well represented in each age group and showed significant time drops across the board. This was also the first meet we brought an 8&Under squad and they were champs!
Great job by all MAKO's racing, cheering and supporting one another! Big thanks to the parents for all their support from the stands!
- Claudia Mironoff’s 1:25.7 (15 sec drop) in 100 back and 37.8 (6 sec drop) in 50 fly as a 9yr old.
- Chloe and Elise Fong going best times across the board.
- 13yr old Dilin Massand leading the Team in breast (1:14.1) and fly (1:02.8).
- Gabe Mathews with some outstanding swims and victories in the 50bk (30.96), 100bk (1:06.8), 200fr (2:12.8) and 2nd in the 50fr by .01 (26.7).
- Helena Djunic bringing home all best times and two 1st place finishes in 8&U (25br 21.0 and 100IM 1:33.5).
9.17.11 - Olympian Gary Hall Jr. stops by MAKO workout
Big thanks to friend, multi-gold medalist and Olympic legend Gary Hall Jr. for stopping by Makos workout to drop some knowledge on freestyle, racing and LIFE. Thanks Gary!
9.6.11 - Dillon Hillis named Imagine All-Star
As part of Imagine Swimming's tradition, we pick one swimmer of the Imagine Swimming program (Makos included) each month to be the Imagine All-Star. This month, Mako athlete Dillon Hillis was chosen!
Please read Dillon's story here: http://imagineswimming.com/imagine_allstars.html
Don't forget current Mako swimmer Alexa Code, who has been swimming with Imagine since she was 4yrs old, was Imagine's first All-Star.
Check out Alexa's write-up: here
9.5.11 - Halloween Practice Change – Gold group
There will be no practice Monday, October 31st for the Gold group. Instead, we will have a challenge workout Sunday, October 30th 6:00-7:30pm at the Flushing Meadows pool.