Join the Team
Thank you for your interest in the Manhattan Makos Swim Team! The Manhattan Makos is a year-round competitive swimming team located in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Basic requirements to tryout for the team include:
- Must be able to perform all four strokes technically legal according to USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Must demonstrate efficient racing dives
- Must be able to perform flip turns
- Must commit to the minimum attendance requirements
- Must express a strong personal interest in being a part of a competitive swim team.
If you think your child meets the above requirements, please speak with his or her Imagine instructor at the pool to determine if your swimmer is ready to move up to the swim team, then contact Coach Elliot at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-253-9650 to confirm a spot in the tryouts.
If your child does not make the team, we encourage him or her to join a Stroke Enhancement class. Imagine's Stroke Enhancement classes are for our most advanced students who have an active interest in competitive swimming. The minimum age is eight years old. The focus of these classes is on swim team preparation. There is 1:6 teacher / student ratio, with classes consisting of technical stroke corrections and an introduction into the basics of team workouts and competitive terminology.
2015-16 Manhattan Mako tryout information
Tryouts will be held from 6:00-7:30pm at our Bowling Green facility (25 Greenwich St.) on the following dates:
7 year-olds on Monday, September 7th
8 year-olds on Tuesday, September 8th
9-10 year-olds on Wednesday, September 9th